Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day and Swimming

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that all of my wonderful Mommy friends and followers had a fantastic day filled with lots of love and relaxation. I know I did!

Hubby got up with Devin so that I could sleep in until 9 am. Then he cooked us a nice breakfast. Yum! After that we worked on presents for the grandmas. We decorated special plates. Devin had a lot of fun with this and it was hard to not let him get carried away with it! I think my mom really liked it! Tonight Erick is cooking me dinner too. It's nice to have a break from cooking and cleaning and to feel appreciated!

We also had Devin's 3 year pictures done yesterday, so we gave those out as well. This is my absolute favorite picture that was taken. I had it printed in 10 x 13 for our frame. (Sorry for the slanted view~it kept getting a glare.) This pic really captures Devin's personality!

If you click on the picture it should enlarge :)


Yesterday Devin started swimming lessons at the Y. He loved it! He is in a beginner class, but he goes in the pool without me. They are teaching the kids, all aged 3 to 5, without any type of bubble or floats. There are 10 kids in the class, split into 2 groups with 2 teachers and 1 life guard. The kids sit on the step in the pool and watch and take turns trying the skills with the teacher. I was impressed with Devin's skills. Maybe not all of his skills, though. He was splashing and fooling around a bit, but I'll be damned when it was his turn that boy could perform the skills just about perfectly! Even the teacher was impressed. He can not wait to go back next Saturday!

2 comments:

Lisa and Curtis said...

Sounds like you had a great day Karla! you deserved it! You are a wonderful mommy:)
And I love that Devin is in swimming! He will have so much fun!

Joanna said...

I'm glad you had a great mothers day. LOL about Devin goofing off until he needed to show his skills. Kids.