Sunday, November 21, 2010

Meet Lolly



Lolly is the newest member of our family. She is a 12 week old short haired sweetheart. Devin has been asking for a cat or dog for a while. We automatically had to rule out a dog since they are not allowed in our complex, but also had ruled out a cat since Erick is "not a cat person" and I have developed some dog/cat allergies since having Devin. Well, the idea began to grow on me after a few days and I began to consider it. Mr. I Don't Like Cats looked at the Humane Society website this morning and found this little kitten named Lolly which he immediately liked. He printed out the paper and suggested that we go see her. Needless to say, we didn't walk out empty handed. And after a trip to Pet Smart, we came home with a very hyper 4 year old and a mellow, cuddly kitten. Mr. I'm Not a Cat Person has been converted! He melted when she was in his arms!!

Here are some more (not as good) pictures of Miss Lolly on her ridiculously large play structure. I have no idea where we will house this thing! At least we know she likes it, she has been hanging out on it, even sleeping here. Oh and notice I took full opportunity of her being a girl and put some pink on her right away! She has a pink collar on (even though she is a house cat only) because it has a little bell on it and I am afraid she will hide somewhere or something! This way we will hear her.
Devin said this is my sister. I am her brother!
Wish us luck. This is our first family pet. (says the person who said she would never have a pet!) Oh and I guess we will see how bad these cat allergies are. I am hoping that it will be ok, since she is short haired. Cross your fingers!!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Congrats! An adorable kitty with a super cute "brother" to take care of her.

Carrie said...

Such an adorable kitty! Enjoy!

Stacey said...

Very cute. I would be the same way with another girl in the house. I would put pink on her also. :}