Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Special Days

One thing that I did with the kids this summer is give each of them a "Special Day."

For Devin's special day we went to a super-fun place called "Mel's Funway Park" where we went mini-golfing, go-carting, played laser tag and arcade games. It was great to spend some one-on-one time with my boy. I previously had taken for granted all of the time alone I had with him...now its precious time. Devin was so funny about his mini-golfing, at first he was taking slap shots, at one point having to chase down his ball! haha And then he became super serious- planning each stroke and checking out the course ahead.

For Nadya's special day we went to Barnes and Nobles to get her free book for a book log,  got her hair trimmed, and spent a few hours painting at You're Fired. I requested that Nadya choose a bank to paint- so she picked a princess bank. I painted a small bowl for my bureau (for loose change and such) and then together we painted a ring holder for window sill by the sink. It was nice to have some time alone with Nadya and to teach her something new. She definitely has a creative side and enjoyed decorating her princess.
I hope that the children got as much out of these special days as I did. <3 br="br">

No comments: