Sunday, July 6, 2008

I am here...a few updates

Just wanted to let you know that I am here. I have been suffering from a bad headache most of the week-end and that has been keeping me down. Sorry!!! In the meantime here are a few updates from our end...

*We continue to give Devin "Big boy undie" time, but there has really been no progress on that.

*We had a great time on the Fourth of July. We went to my parents' house for a delicious BBQ and got to see (almost) everyone important...my parents, my grandmother, my brother and Heather F, Erin and Shaun, and Marie.

*We opted not to try the fireworks this year. Devin is afraid of loud noises. While I hope that he would "get over it" once he understood the noise, I am just not sure. Plus, he was exhausted (as were we).

*Devin has an "Aiyah." Aiyah is what Devin has always called his godmother, Erin. Erin used to try to get Devin to say her name correctly but he never has. On the fourth, Devin called her "Erin." She hated it and immediately asked him to call her by her name, Aiyah.

*Erick is on vacation next week! I can't wait!

*On the other hand, I start my summer tutoring tomorrow Its only Monday through Thursday 8 to 10 am, but it means I will have to go to work when Erick is home. BOO!

*We are still deciding if we will take off and do something family oriented and fun next week. If we do it will be a long week-end Thursday (7/17- oh yeah my birthday ;) til Sunday (7/20). We are thinking of doing Story Land again. I would love to do Sesame Place, but that is waaaay too far!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Good call on the fireworks. We made tghe same decision.

Anonymous said...

We give Zoey "panty time" too and she will sit on the potty for like, 30 minutes, and no more than 30 seconds AFTER she gets off, she will pee. Glad I'm not the only one who's kid isn't really potty trained!

Zoey LOVED the fireworks!! She kept saying, "Cool fireworks mom!" and "more fireworks dad!". SO better than last year! I have a hilarious clip of her from last year. When I finally update the blog, I'll put in a link or something.

Hope you and your family have lots of summer fun!