Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Two's....

I know that no one ever said the "terrible two" phase was easy, but, come on! So far today Devin and I have fought about him eating fruit for breakfast (he didn't want to), putting his sneakers on, giving him juice, Devin needing to apologize for jumping up and down on my bare feet once I got the sneakers on him, Devin screaming (VERY LOUDLY) in my face because he was mad and not apologizing, Devin wanting cookies for lunch (I finally got him to have apple sauce first), Devin not wanting to go down for his nap (but thankfully is now sleeping). AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did I mention that I am also not feeling well today? I don't think that is making things any easier.

Because of Devin's trying attitude and behavior today I thought I would post my new favorite picture (to remind myself that he is a very sweet and loving boy... sometimes)! (Thanks for the pic Kim!)


8 comments:

Steph said...

Awww, what a sweet picture! You would never know that he could ever be in a terrible two phase looking at that sweet smile. Cooper has been going through the 'twos' also...not fun!

-Bridget said...

I know this battle. This is my house every morning.

Anonymous said...

Karla I am so with you on this post!!!! Emma just about put me in the nut house today!!!! So after July 4th we REALLY need to consider swapping out some childcare!! I think I need a couple of hours to shop ON MY OWN, how about you??
LOVE YOU! Kim

Joanna said...

LOL, I know just how you feel! Michael is doing the smae things. It gets old fast. Oh, and you know what gets even older? When someone says that the 3's are worse.

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, we are right there with you!! As soon as zoey turned two, she was instantly this little angel, and I thought to myself that we weren't going to have a bad case of the terrible twos. Yeah, that lasted for about two weeks. Now she is so bossy and demanding it's not even funny. But then she does have her moments where she's so sweet. I wish I could give you some advice! Cute picture by the way! Devin is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, just wanted to add that everyone I talk to tells me that the "terrible threes" are MUCH worse!! Yikes!

Fullerton Family said...

Oh man, I know how you feel! (I just recently wrote a very similar post!) And yeah, if ONE MORE PERSON says 3s are worse- I'm going to freak out!!!!

Kaycee said...

AW that is the cutest lil pic!! and I totally feel ya, grr!!