Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Pledge

I just saw this on another May Mommy's blog and thought it was definitely worth reposting. As mothers the following points are important for us to remember and reflect upon. As I read each of the items I find that 90% of the time I DO follow "The Pledge." Its the other 10% I need to work on!


I will not sit in judgment of other mothers.


I will be supportive and understanding when I see someone else having a bad day, struggling with their child’s behavior, etc.


I will acknowledge that we all love our children and we’re all doing the best we can to raise them, but we will all make mistakes sometimes.


I will remember that parenthood is a journey, not a race or contest, and it is full of twists and turns, and more than anything else, full of lessons to learn.


I will remain strong in my faith in myself as a mother and not let others make me feel incompetent or unsure.

2 comments:

MrsMoma said...

Aw I love that!! TFS!

DesiDVM said...

Wow my sister will be so proud that other people like her pledge! She rocks.